|Title||Forestry Station, Rustic Canyon|
The forestry station in Rustic Canyon was established in 1887 by Abbot Kinney and the state board of forestry as the nation's first forestry station on 6 acres of land, donated by Santa Monica co-founder Senator John P. Jones and Arcadia Bandini de Stearns Baker. One of the station's projects was a study of exotic trees including the newly introduced eucalyptus tree.
|Collection||John P. Jones Collection|
|Object Name||Print, Photographic|