Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Title Santa Monica City Hall, Fourth St. and Oregon Blvd.
Date early 1900s
Description Santa Monica City Hall, on the corner of Fourth Street and Oregon Boulevard (now Santa Monica Boulevard), was built in 1902. Note the early telephone lines and pole. This was the location of City Hall until 1939 when the current City Hall was opened on Main Street. The Fourth Street City Hall also housed the Santa Monica Police Department.
Collection John P. Jones Collection
Catalog Number 1.2.608
Object Name Print, Photographic
Search Terms Architecture
City Hall
Fourth Street
Oregon Boulevard
Santa Monica
Santa Monica Boulevard
Santa Monica Police
Telephone
Year Range from 1902
Year Range to 1939